Phenomena that integrate social and ecological components are complex in their nature. Management of the commons, institutional stability, behavior in social networks, and the evolution of ecological systems are but examples. My research is focused on unveiling mechanisms, feedbacks, and the works behind and between thosecomponents while developing tools that allow treatability for a better understanding of this kind of – typically emergent – systems.
1. Vítor V. Vasconcelos, Francisco C. Santos, Jorge M. Pacheco, Cooperation dynamics of polycentric climate governance, (2015) Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences (M3AS), 25 (13), 2503-2517 (http://www.worldscientific.com/doi/abs/10.1142/S0218202515400163)
2. Vítor V. Vasconcelos, Fernando P. Santos, Francisco C. Santos, Jorge M. Pacheco, Stochastic evolutionary dynamics through hierarchical Markov chains (2017) Physical Review Letters, 118 (5), 058301 (https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.118.058301)
3. Phillip M. Hannam, Vítor V. Vasconcelos, Simon. A. Levin, Jorge M. Pacheco,Incomplete cooperation and co-benefits: Deepening climate cooperation with a proliferation of small agreements, (2015) Climatic Change, 1-15, Springer(https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10584-015-1511-2)
4. Jorge M. Pacheco, Vítor V. Vasconcelos, Francisco C. Santos and Brian Skyrms, Co-evolutionary Dynamics of Collective Action with Quorum Signaling, (2015)PLOS Computational Biology, 11(2): e1004101 (http://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1004101)
5. Flávio L. Pinheiro, Vítor V. Vasconcelos, Francisco C. Santos and Jorge M. Pacheco, Evolution of all-or-non strategies in repeated public goods dilemmas, (2014) PLOS Computational Biology, 10(11): e1003945(http://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1003945)