Welcome to LUCApedia
LUCApedia is a unified framework containing multiple datasets related
to the Last Universal Common Ancestor (LUCA) and its predecessors. The
database can be searched by protein name or Uniprot ID. Text and MySQL
datafiles are also available on the download page.
- For a given protein, use the general name for the protein family (e.g. “Glutaminyl-tRNA synthetase”) rather than a specific locus tag name for (e.g. “NCER_100619”).
- Try using the partial protein name search option rather than the exact protein name search option.
- Try using the LUCApedia browse page.
- Look for synonyms of your protein name in Uniprot and other databases such as Entrez, KEGG, and BioCyc.
- Still can’t find your protein, read our search tutorial.